Dr. Ann Divya Jacob Specialist Ophthalmology
Years of Experience: 5
Languages Known: English, Hindi, Urdu, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil
Qualification: MBBS, MS (Ophthalmology), DNB, MNAMS, FICO (UK)Book Appointment
Dr. Ann Divya Jacob is a Specialist in Ophthalmology at LLH Hospital, Musaffah. In 2012, she earned her MBBS from the University of Calicut. In 2018, she earned her MS in Ophthalmology from the Kerala University of Health Sciences. She is a Diplomate in National Board Examination (DNB Ophthalmology). She has completed a two-year long-term Fellowship in Cornea and Cataract Microsurgery at India’s prestigious Aravind Eye Hospital and Post Graduate Institute, Tirunelveli. She is a Fellow of the International Council of Ophthalmology (FICO) in Cambridge, UK, and a Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS), in India. Dr. Ann Divya Jacob has presented at many national and international conferences. She has performed more than 1000 Anterior segment surgeries, and her area of expertise includes,
- Managing various corneal and ocular surface disorders.
- Refractive error correction
- Pterygium surgery (sutureless)
- Allergic eye diseases.
- Corneal ectatic disorders (keratoconus, PMD)
- Management of cataracts (phacoemulsification)
- Ocular trauma and open globe injury repair
- Pediatric eye disorders
- Screening of diabetic retinopathy
- Cornea transplantation
- Refractive surgeries
- Collagen crosslinking and ocular surface reconstructive procedures
Awards & Achievements
- Best Original research paper 2021 - KERACON by Cornea Society of India
- Best Presenter KSOS 2017- Teachers of Tomorrow (TOT)
Research & Publications
- Jacob AD, Anitha V, Ravindran M, Ghorpade A, Uduman MS. Outcomes of optical penetrating keratoplasty with the large sized donor for failed therapeutic grafts for infectious keratitis from the tertiary eye care center, South India. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2022 Nov;32(6):3411-3419. doi: 10.1177/11206721221086143.
- Jacob J M, Jacob A D, Goudinho S, The effect of manual small incision cataract surgery on the intraocular pressure – A prospective study in south Kerala. Indian J Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2018;4(3):409-412.
- MBBS, MS (Ophthalmology), DNB, MNAMS, FICO (UK)
- All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- Cornea Society of India (CSI)
- Kerala Society of Ophthalmic Surgeons (KSOS)
- Tamil Nadu Ophthalmic Association(TNOA)